So, apparently, there was a bit of a fire in one of the new metal smoking shacks on station. While there is all sorts of interesting to this story, my favorite part was that, the station manager, when he sent out an email about it, misspelled stupidity. What a great word for him to misspell. Here is the transcript of the email:
The Fire Department just imformed me that last night (Friday 3/6/09) we had a small fire in Shelter 701 next to Southern Bar. The fire was contained in a double stacked waste can that was brought into the shelter. The fire was started in the waste can that had paper in it and the fire was hot enough to burn a ring from the waste can into the floors' non-skid paint surface.
Everyone should understand that this kind of behavior is dangerous to our safety. This is an example of sheer stupity. The oxygen can be depleted and cause someone to passout. Anyone found to be complicit in this kind of behavior will be punished severely. DO NOT BRING FLAMMABLE MATERIAL OTHER THAN PROVIDED, YOURSELF AND SMOKING DEVICES INTO THE SMOKE SHELTERS USE COVERED RECEPTACLES PROVIDED TO DISCARD YOUR CIGARETTES & CIGARS
Pictures were included, but I don't know how to attach them on here.